debugging dwarf2 info

Two questions:

(1) Can people recommend a tool for dumping in human-readable form
the dwarf2 information in an object file?  Lacking that, I seem to
remember that there used an option to heavily annotate the
aseembley code, but I don't see that any more.

Any other tools or information (beyond the dwarf 2.1 draft spec
listed is "Readings") that would be useful if I want to understand
what is going on wrt gcj debugging?

(2) When I run a gcj-compiled Java program (built using Makefile
rules etc that used to work) I get these error messages:

BFD: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
BFD: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
BFD: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
BFD: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
BFD: Dwarf Error: Could not find abbrev number 549.
BFD: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
kawa.lang.GenericError: read error reading file:
gnu.text.SyntaxException
    at 0x40245880: java.lang.Throwable.Throwable(java.lang.String)
(/home/bothner/GNU/install-gcc/lib/libgcj.so.2)

Does this look familiar to anyone?
--
	--Per Bothner