This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcj on Cygwin
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Eugen Rotariu <erotariu at integrasoft dot ro>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:34:28 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: gcj on Cygwin
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Eugen Rotariu wrote:
> I tried to compile gcc 3.0.3 on Cygwin 1.3.6 on an XP Pro
> machine. GCC works fine, but when starting gcj I get an
> error message regarding a libgcj.spec file missing. What does
> that mean? What can I do?
It means the libgcj runtime wasn't built when you compiled 3.0.3. Even
though you have gcj, it is useless without the runtime component.
Libgcj isn't supported on Cygwin as of GCC 3.0.3, so it is disabled by
default. (You could override the default with --enable-libgcj, but expect
errors if you do.)