Help wanted on GCC port

Hi,
I'am working as a programmer in an Indian company. I'am currently engaged in
porting GCC to a RISC processor. To begin with I compiled the code for GCC
and installed it as native compiler. Next I tried to set up GCC as a cross
compiler for the arm-riscix target; however I got a number of compilation
errors (while setting up cross compiler) like "no such 386 instruction". Can
you please help me figure out the error and advice me how to go about the
port?

Regards,
Anoop