Re: SIMPLE: A language-independent tree IR

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 07:38:02PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> To me, this doesn't look too different from RTL.  The only important
> difference appears to be the fact that arguments to function calls are
> explicitly listed.

The most important difference is that full type information
is still available.  Other differences: array and structure
references are not decomposed, looping constructs are still
intact, variables have not been assigned memory slots.

Depending on how things work out, there might be call for
both SIMPLE and mid-level rtl.  We'll have to see.

r~