Re: SIMPLE: A language-independent tree IR

Florian> The operator approach has the disadvantage that one day,
Florian> there might be a front end which requires detailed overflow
Florian> checking in integer calculations.

Something to know about Java is that how FP operations are implemented
depends on the context.  In a `strictfp' context certain rules must be
followed.  In other contexts, the rules are more lenient and we can do
more optimizations.  This might matter most for RTL generation; I
don't know.

Currently gcj ignores strictfp.  Obviously we will eventually want to
change this.

Tom