Re: Succesfull build and install of gcc-3.0.3 on k6-redhat-linux-gnu

> Your report of the others had the target as i586-pc-linux-gnu and the
> new one was k6-redhat-linux-gnu; I guess it was different this time
> because you specified it explicitly to configure.  I'll combine them so
> they're all together.  Should they be under i586-pc-linux-gnu or
> k6-redhat-linux-gnu?
>
> Janis

In all my attempts to bootstrap  (3.0/3.0.1 unsuccesfull 3.0.2/3.0.3
succcesfull) I used the exact same configuration. The one I mentioned in
my succesfull build on 3.0.3. However reading back my reports,I realise
I didn't gave enough information in the first reports. Sort of saying
the same thing in different ways,not so smart :( So now I'm trying
to get it right the first time. :)

1)All the bootstraps are on the same machine. The util versions are
the same,only glibc got a minor security update.

1)All my bootstraps were done with --host=k6-redhat-linux-gnu and
--target=k6-redhat-linux-gnu

2)config.guess gave me in all cases i586-pc-linux-gnu.

3)All my automatic testreports on gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults get
tagged with i586-redhat-linux-gnu by test_summary in the contrib dir.

So what should be the naming?
I'm not sure,because I only know a bit about configuring/installing gcc
and nothing about the inner workings.

BUT : When I do a gcc -dumpspecs I see a line
 "  *cpp_cpu_default
    -D__tune_k6__
 "

So I think the gcc I build is defaulting to bulding code optimised to run
for a k6. IMHO this means the name for the entry should be
k6-redhat-linux-gnu.

However,I would rather have some comments from people in the know.
Wasn't Honza some time ago working on specific k6 code? I think he was the
one who got k6 bootstrapping again from 3.0.2 on. (Thanx for that Honza!!)

Anyway,my best guess is k6-redhat-linux-gnu.
Greetz martijn