This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SIMPLE: A language-independent tree IR
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: dnovillo at redhat dot com (Diego Novillo)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:52:13 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: SIMPLE: A language-independent tree IR
> - Every front-end rewrites its tree representation into SIMPLE.
> Sebastian has already implemented some of the simplification
> steps for the C front-end.
How would structs be handled under this proposal? One option would
be to explicitly generate the address arithmetic, but that has the
effect of prematurely committing the struct to memory (one of the
biggest reasons for g++'s inferiority compared to KAI).