This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SIMPLE: A language-independent tree IR
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: dnovillo at redhat dot com (Diego Novillo)
- Cc: jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk (Joseph S. Myers),gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:16:45 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: SIMPLE: A language-independent tree IR
> Yes. My initial plan is to model the different tree -> SIMPLE
> converters after the existing tree -> RTL ones. All the
> language semantics are encoded in the current expanders, so it
> should be a matter of making the expanders output SIMPLE trees
> instead of RTL.
> I'm not actually sure how true the above is. We may have some
> semantics encoded in other places. Once the semantics have been
> explicitly expanded into SIMPLE, then we can have a single
> SIMPLE->RTL expander.
It seems that nodes could be added to represent sequence points,
but alias sets would have to be represented in some other way.