This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.0.3 in HP-UX 11.11: success report
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tapani Tarvainen <tt at mit dot jyu dot fi>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:32:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.0.3 in HP-UX 11.11: success report
- References: <20020102144918.GA5592@tarzan.it.jyu.fi>
On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 04:49:18PM +0200, Tapani Tarvainen wrote:
> I just installed gcc 3.0.3 in HP-UX 11.11 (hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11)
> in a HP9000/785 (J5600) box, using HP's ANSI C.
> The main trick needed was to keep HP's as out of the way:
> it needed both --with-as=... *and* removing /usr/ccs/bin (where
> HP's as lives) from the PATH (--with-gas had no effect).
> I used binutils 2.11.2 and Gnu make 3.79.1 (I didn't try HP's
> The host was recognized as hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11, all I had to
> do was
> ../gcc-3.0.3/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-3.0.3 --with-as=/opt/binutils-2.11.2/bin/as
> make -j 2 bootstrap
> I ran the testsuite as well, I'll submit the results in a moment.
Thanks! I've added this to the GCC 3.0 build status list at
And thanks as well for submitting the test results.