Re: fortran and apple rantings...

Aldy Hernandez wrote:

> > This comes from Apple mods not yet submitted to FSF GCC, not
> > least because the alternate crt1.o needs to be made more widely
> > available.  If you don't care about C++ EH, you can symlink
> > /usr/lib/crt1.o to /usr/lib/3crt1.o and get it going that way.
>
> sure enough, that fixes the problem, but i'm using apple blessed sources,
> not FSF gcc.  are these changes not in publicly available apple sources either
> ?

I posted the patch to the "Csu" project sources (which is where
crt1.o comes from) to the darwin-gcc3 mailing list a while back,
but it's not easy to rebuild and I haven't yet written up all the
details - currently I'm preoccupied reconciling Apple's vrsave bits
with a bunch of hacks checked in by some guy... :-)

> will c++ EH handling work when i build c++ with the resulting (bootstraped)
> compiler.

No.  The problem is that crt1.o has to explicitly call a function
in defined in crtbegin.o, which eventually gets frame objects
registered.

Stan