This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the GCC project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Successful build of GCC 3.0.3 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20

OUTPUT OF srcdir/config.guess:


OUTPUT OF gcc -v:

	Reading specs from /.../lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/3.0.3/specs
	Configured with: ../gcc-3.0.3/configure --prefix=/... --disable-nls
		--with-gnu-as --with-as=/build/opt/bin/as --disable-threads
	Thread model: single
	gcc version 3.0.3


I used the following make command (I had GCC 3.0 already installed):

make CFLAGS='-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=1.1 -mschedule=7200 -mgas
-s -pipe' \
LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=1.1 -mschedule=7200 -mgas'
LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-implicit-templates
-march=1.1 -mschedule=7200 -mgas' \

I also had CPPFLAGS defined as "-D_HPUX_SOURCE".

Everything seemed to compile fine out of the box (save for numerous
warnings about comparing signed to unsigned values and constant values
being too large for the data type).  I've compiled a number of
nontrivial programs in C and C++ successfully (haven't tried the
Fortran, Java, etc. compilers).

I had originally tried to enable threads, using the DCE library, and
actually got everything to successfully compile.  However, the build
broke in several places with "arg list too long" errors (when compiling
the threaded Fortran and Objective C libraries) and I had to finish
those sections by hand.  After installation, the C++ compiler required
the "-threads" flag and/or the "-ldce" flag even when building "Hello,
World!"; I decided this wasn't worth the trouble and disabled threading
in the final build.

In case y'all don't hear it enough, thanks for all the good work.

Mike Bland

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]