This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Big-endian Gcc on Intel IA32
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, torvalds at transmeta dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:08:54 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Big-endian Gcc on Intel IA32
<<Yes, but the interesting case (at least if you have to match a given
external representation) is not addressed:
Well if you are somehow reading 8 bit values through an interface to
a 36-bit machine, then you have to define that separately. That has nothing
whatsoever to do with this discussion.