Re: selecting the right target...

Phil Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk> said:

> >The "flat" binary format we use with uclinux does not have the .init
and
> >.fini sections so all these global_[cd]tors support routines can go
> >away.
>
> Are you sure you don't want this stuff?  As far as GCC is concerned
> arm-uclinux is really an ELF target; the fact that you post-process
the
> binary into flat form doesn't matter much.  I can't think of any
particular
> reason why constructors wouldn't work.
>
> p.

Hi the binary flat "bFLT" format used by uClinux has only the three main
traditional sections (text, data, and bss).  The flat format is a final
binary format and cannot be used as an intermediate format.  A format
such as ELF should be used.  The final ELF binary then should be
"post-processed" as Phil says to a flat format.

For the sections that are not supported in the bFLT format, you will
need to map them into one of the three standard formats via the linker
script before post-processing.

There should be no reason to exclude anything that GCC generates.  In
fact most (if not all) of it is required.

Regards,
Faisal Akber

--
Faisal Akber -- Arcturus Networks Inc. -- fakber@arcturusnetworks.com