selecting the right target...

Heyho!

starting from a successfull build with gcc-2.95.3 and the arm-elf
target, I'm now trying to build a crosscompiler, doing roughly the same
but using gcc-3.0.2 and arm-uclinux as the target.

the arm-uclinux is copied from the arm-linux-elf for the most part, as
far as I can see, with these effects (opposite to the 2.95.3 arm-elf
target)

 - does _not_ call __gccmain (which is good, the old uclinux toolchain
	we have doesn't call __gccmain either and we never had problems
	that I know of)
 - does try to link to crt[i1n].o - which is bad as uClibc only has
	crt0.o

I would be glad if somebody would be kind to tell me which is better:
 - take the existing arm-uclinux target and override
	(START|END)FILE_SPEC with those from unknown-elf.h
or
 - modify the arm-uclinux target to look like the arm-elf one and
	modify ?what? so it doesn't call __gccmain.

I guess the first one would be ok, but I just wanted to ask if gcc
(libgcc?) makes any assumptions about what should be in crt[1in].o which
the crt0.o of uClibc would perhaps fail to fulfill.

greets from Zürich
-- vbi