This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Freeze timing and questions
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 01 07:00:38 EST
- Subject: Re: Freeze timing and questions
Yes. Let's by all means be flexible; I will not personally jump
down anyone's throat about anything here. On the other hand, as
reviewers, let's please try to be conservative, and stay within
the spirit of the thing: patches that fix problems in the compiler.
I think we also need to vary things over time. We should be much more
likely to consider something that's somewhere between a new feature and a
bug fix as a bug fix now than we would in five weeks.