From: Richard Henderson [mailto:rth@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 4:26 PM
To: Jessica Han
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: IA64 ABI Status

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 02:36:31PM -0800, Jessica Han wrote:
> Does GCC 3.0.2 on IA64 have COMDAT sections specified by C++ ABI yet?

Sort-of, but not really.  We're still using a gnu binutils feature
that provides similar functionality, but is represented differently
in the ELF object file.  The gnu binutils feature pre-dates the new
ELF spec by at least 4 years.

GCC has little to do with this; it's almost all binutils work.

> If not, is there a plan to implement it and when is it going to be
available?

I don't know of anyone working on it.

r~