Re: Freeze timing and questions

Re:

>      I think we should have Ada:
>
>      - Not part of the release criteria
>
> Certainly.
>
>      - Off by default
>
> Well, right now it's off if you don't already have an Ada.  I think that's
> probably a good default, but don't have a strong opinion on the subject.

Right now it attempts to bootstrap ada when it finds an old version of
gnatcc distributed by some linux vendor on one i386 machine I use, and
that leads to a bootstrap failure.  So right now it's on by default
if you have an old gnatcc that won't bootstrap the ada compiler.

So I agree with Mark; it should be off by default.  Or you guys will get
a lot of bootstrap failure reports on release.

Brad