Re: Freeze timing and questions

--On Monday, December 17, 2001 09:03:12 PM +0100 Toon Moene
<toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> wrote:

> Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
> [ .... Freeze ... ]
>> In a rare nod to the historical "weekend" custom, I took Saturday and
>> Sunday off.  I would have posted a message this morning, but since you
>> beat me to it, I'll just reply to yours.
>
> [ Sigh ]
>
> Mark, by the time you decide to *do* something on a Monday morning
> (i.e., after sipping your first coffee), Europe, to say nothing of the
> rest of the world, already completed one full work day

What would you suggest is a fair warning period?

Since December 15th had been announced as the cutoff date months ago,
I think it's fair to say that the 17th is actually an extension.

However, in order to defuse charges of Ameri-centrism, I have asked
Emacs to pick a random number between 0 and 23 to add to the date
that I gave.  It said 17.  So, the cutoff will be:

  16:59 GMT -0800 2001-12-18

So, Europeans, you now have no excuses. :-)