This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 Prelease problem on --target=m68k-elf
- From: Peter Barada <pbarada at mail dot wm dot sps dot mot dot com>
- To: jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:27:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 Prelease problem on --target=m68k-elf
- References: <200112140138.RAA12663@atrus.synopsys.com>
>> Unfortunately it doesn't produce correct code for -m5200 due to the
>> "r" constraint in the following pattern in gcc/config/m68k/m68k.md:
>> ;; Jump to variable address from dispatch table of relative addresses.
>> (define_insn ""
>> [(set (pc)
>> (plus:SI (pc)
>> (sign_extend:SI (match_operand:HI 0 "register_operand" "r"))))
>> (use (label_ref (match_operand 1 "" "")))]
>Is this a regression with respect to 3.0.2, or 2.95.3?
Its a regression from 2.95.3, the same problem is in 3.0.2.
>Either way, it seems the thing to do is to file a bug report with GNATS
>including a test case for which bad code generation occurs.
Ok, how do I file a bug report with GNATS? I'll have to cobble
together a test case, but from inspection its obvious that the
constraint is wrong.
Peter Barada Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard 781-852-2768 (direct)
WaveMark Solutions(wholly owned by Motorola) 781-270-0193 (fax)