installation problem in aix 4.3

Hi,

I am new to gcc and not sure if this is the right place to ask question?
I have problem installing gcc-3.0.1.exe to aix 4.3
chmod +x gcc-3.0.1.exe
./gcc-3.0.1.exe
smit install_latest <-- get installed to aix
export $PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
gmake <--- is not found when I search all the directories.

Does it mean I have to compile again and how?
I read the online docs on gcc site but did not get a clue. Can anybody shed some light on this?

If this is the wrong place to ask question, will you please give me the user group address?

thanks

andrew