Re: More code removal, mips ecoff support

Eric Christopher wrote:

> I'm looking at current OSs that support ecoff on mips or any objections
> to removing the ecoff support from the backend. Anyone?

Woo, end of another era.  Well, you don't see many Irix 4 or Mipsco
systems around anymore, and the only embedded users will be doing
r3000s of some flavor, so not much chance for user objections.

One of the heuristics I use for GDB obsolescence is to poke
around with Google.  For instance, AMD used to have a page or two
mentioning the a29k, but now they strenuously deny they were ever
involved with it. :-)  If the only references to ecoff are in
online GNU docs, then that's a hint that we're the last people
to support it...

> I also didn't see any comments (other than Richard's) about removing
> half-pic support from the compiler. Does no one care?

I can't even remember the last time I heard of anyone interested
in that stuff.

Stan