Re: ACATS legal status cleared by FSF

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 guerby@acm.org wrote:

> [4] What should be the top directory in the gcc tree for the ACATS
> test suite?  gcc/gcc/testsuite/ada/acats or a top level directory or

That seems plausible - presumably "runtest --tool ada" will be used in
"make check" to run both those and other Ada tests?

> [8] I propose to commit directly with the patch applied, I'll of course
> commit and maintain a list of tests that were modified and why, any
> objection?

It is arguable that perhaps the CVS vendor branch mechanism should be used
- import the unmodified sources on the vendor branch with GCC's modified
version on the mainline.  This should make it easy to use CVS to see what
the differences from unmodified ACATS are.  I don't know whether whatever
tests it is deliberately decided to drop rather than include in the GCC
testsuite should also go on the vendor branch, or whether it should just
be documented which are dropped.

> The upstream ACATS is maintained using CVS, web documents and
> interface from <http://www.ada-auth.org/>. There's a very low volume
> public mailing list.

We ought to have a link to this from the Ada section of readings.html.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk