This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: build status page problem
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:19:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: build status page problem
- References: <200112051801.KAA21064@atrus.synopsys.com>
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:01:26AM -0800, Joe Buck wrote:
> I have an issue with
> No distinction is made between 3.0, 3.0.1, and 3.0.2, and it's possible
> that an unnoticed regression might mean that, say, 3.0.1 builds on some
> obscure platform but 3.0.2 does not. We need to include the actual
> release number, there is no such thing as "3.0.x".
The assumption is that everything on the GCC 3.0 build status page
builds with all releases of 3.0.x unless it says otherwise. So far
there's only one note otherwise, for s390-linux-gnu which is supported
beginning with 3.0.1.
I'd prefer to keep that assumption. If there's a regression that
prevents a target from building with a particular release we can add a
note to that effect for that target.