This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-ss-20011203 is now available
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 01 11:11:58 EST
- Subject: Re: gcc-ss-20011203 is now available
Could people please ensure that they commit each logical patch (such
that users should not try to build an intermediate state) in a single
commit with all relevant files named on the command line?
I certainly agree with that. However, it is important to point out that it's
not always possible to put them all on the command line due to command-line
length restrictions on some systems. I've run into that myself once a
few months ago.
So this sort of inconsistency is inevitable, though hopefully rare.