Re: gcc-ss-20011203 is now available

    Could people please ensure that they commit each logical patch (such
    that users should not try to build an intermediate state) in a single
    commit with all relevant files named on the command line?

I certainly agree with that.  However, it is important to point out that it's
not always possible to put them all on the command line due to command-line
length restrictions on some systems.  I've run into that myself once a
few months ago.

So this sort of inconsistency is inevitable, though hopefully rare.