Re: [Ada] User Guide?

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Geert Bosch wrote:

> Yes, that is the reason. In particular, we have preprocessing done
> in order to get correct VMS documentation. This involves replacing
> mentions of UNIX-style options by VMS-style long ones and a number
> of other things. The preprocessor script is written in SPITBOL, which
> is not acceptable for the GCC tree.
>
> We all agree this should be done using TeXinfo preprocessing magic if
> possible, or with a program in C or Ada otherwise (possibly using
> the GNAT.Spitbol package).

The files checked into CVS should process in Texinfo without any special
magic or additional preprocessing, so they can go in onlinedocs.  It's OK
if this gives a Unix-style manual and the VMS one is given by using
-DVMSSTYLE to texi2dvi/makeinfo/....

At present, gnat_rm.texi can't go in onlinedocs because it includes
nonexistent files texiplus (that include can be removed to make the file
work) and gfdl.texi (should be fdl.texi, in gcc/doc/include).  With those
fixed the file works.  What's the status of fixing those and the other
Texinfo and other style issues I noted with gnat_rm.texi and
gnat-style.texi?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk