Re: 64 bit gcc build

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Dwight J. Browne wrote:
> I would like to contribute to the testing and support of the solaris8
> Ultra sparc build.
>
> What assistance is needed?

Only the current (3.1) development tree supports sparcv9.  You can
download snapshots (or use CVS) and bootstrap them, and run the regression
suites.  Report problems to GNATS.  You might also look at the open bug
reports in GNATS (seach for a synopsis of e.g. "sparcv9" or "sparc64").

In case you attempt to build the libjava runtime, note that boehm-gc
currently fails on this platform.  I will have a patch for that shortly.

Jeff