This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: GCC/Fortran 90/95 questions
- From: Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 at yahoo dot com>
- To: aslam at lanl dot gov, gcc at gnu dot org, Beowulf <beowulf at beowulf dot org>
- Cc: open64-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:55:22 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: RE: GCC/Fortran 90/95 questions
> 2) Does gcc support f90 or f95? If not is there any
> GNU compiler that does, are any expected to be in
> the future?
There is a compiler called open64, which is SGI's
compiler for IA64. They have a C front-end, which is
based on gcc, and they have another for f90. (I don't
know the details...)
Recently, they have ported the f90 front-end and
run-time to other compiler back-ends. Please read the
note below for details.
Porting open64 F90 front-end to Solaris
This patch ports the open64 Fortran90 compiler front
end to sparc_solaris platform. Specifically, it ports
these three executable programs: "mfef90", "ir_tools",
and "whirl2f". ANY OTHER COMPONENT OF OPEN64 IS NOT IN
THE SCOPE OF THIS PATCH.
Tested platforms include sparc_solaris, mips_irix and
ia32_linux, using both GNU gcc and vendor compiler.
Makefiles, some header files and some c/c++ source
files were modified for porting.
Do You Yahoo!?
Buy the perfect holiday gifts at Yahoo! Shopping.