Re: Top-level Makefile

> Note that I use
> $ make SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash ... bootstrap

> Setting the appropriate environment variables should be equivalent with
> GNU Make, but I am not sure.

Richard> You lost me.  I was doing configure, not make.

	As others have mentioned, "configure" is run at different times.
The first manual configure is for the build of the compiler itself.  Then
"make bootstrap" or "make all" in the top-level runs configure implicitly
to set up the target libraries based on the target compiler just built.
libstdc++-v3 is one of those directories in which "configure" is run by
Make.

	The upshot is that you need to specify the shell to Make so that
it is used by the libstdc++-v3 configure.

David