This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fdump-ast-original and strg:
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: florian at edamail dot fishkill dot ibm dot com (Florian Krohm)
- Cc: guillaume dot thouvenin at polymtl dot ca (Guillaume),jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:22:53 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: fdump-ast-original and strg:
[ fixing the dump format to be able to read back strings ]
The correct solution, in my opinion, is to produce a valid C string
literal. This can always be done, for any input, and furthermore
there should already be routines in the compiler that you can use
(though I can't be more specific off the top of my head). Don't try
to invent a new format.