This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to defeat new check for presence of Ada compiler
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 01 20:36:30 EST
- Subject: Re: How to defeat new check for presence of Ada compiler
Err, I'd expect it to be the same now, since the configure test
is for the *host* ada compiler, not the target ada compiler.
No, it's the target. The mechanism is this:
(1) Build a cross-compiler to the target.
(2) On the host, do "make stage1" and "make gnat-cross".
(3) On the target, bootstrap and install for just C.
(4) On the target, configure to build Ada and run "make" until it
(5) Copy .s files make in step (2) to the target and redo "make".
However, my suggestion is just to symlink a gnatgcc to be, e.g., /bin/true.