This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using throw(): to use or not to use?
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: max at e-soft dot ru (Maxim Dementiev)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:35:14 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Using throw(): to use or not to use?
> Can you tell me, please, why using of "throw()" for static exception
> function specification causes slowing down speed under gcc 3.0.2
> with -O0, -O1 and -O2?
This seems surprising, but you haven't specified what platform you are
using and you haven't provided sample code, so it's hard to figure out
why you are seeing a slowdown.
Specififying throw() should, if anything, make it possible to generate
slightly faster code. If the code is instead slower, I'd call it a bug,
but we'd need a full bug report.