This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Top-level Makefile
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:11:43 -0800
- Subject: Re: Top-level Makefile
- References: <10111291352.AA21968@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:52:38AM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> BTW, my configure for libstdc++v3 is still running and it's been over an
> hour and 45 minutes.
We had some analysis awhile ago of this problem. See
Could you please check the following things, to make sure it's the
- Put "set -x" at the top of the configure script, then post the last
thirty or so lines of the output once it gets stuck.
- Look in all the tmp directories your system has (/tmp, /usr/tmp,
/var/tmp, etc) and see if there's a large number of scratch files
created by the configure script.