Top-level Makefile

I tried it and it seemed to build GCC with -O2 in the initial directory.
This seems wrong since you want to be able to debug that one easily.  It's
the ones built during bootstrap that should be -O2.

So it seems you need to do "make" in the gcc directory *first* and then
do the top-level make.  Is that correct?

BTW, my configure for libstdc++v3 is still running and it's been over an
hour and 45 minutes.