This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: front end changes for altivec
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:44:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: front end changes for altivec
On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 02:16 AM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 12:55:16AM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> that addition of vectors (IE c=a + b where c, a, b are vectors)
>> transforms into
>> (set (reg:V4SF <reg for c>) (plus:V4SF (reg:V4SF <reg for a>) (reg:V4SF
>> <reg for b>))).
> Yes, that's lovely. Now what about, say, saturating adds?
Anything that doesn't map easily onto rtl requires builtins.