This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: alpha bootstrap failure, new symptom
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 01 21:17:54 EST
- Subject: Re: alpha bootstrap failure, new symptom
It sounds like you are still not following our testing procedures. Once
again, all checkins to language-independent code should be proceeded by
at the top level, and there should be no new tests.
I always work at the the level of the GCC subdirectory and the "make compare"
and "make gnatlib_and_tools" between those. I was unaware that there was an
important distinction here and the web pages weren't clear until today.
I have always viewed the top level stuff as a morass and have never gotten
anything to work at that level. I always get bizarre errors that nobody
is able to figure out and I think configure claims that at least one of
them isn't even supported on my configuration.