Re: alpha bootstrap failure, new symptom

    It sounds like you are still not following our testing procedures.  Once
    again, all checkins to language-independent code should be proceeded by

      make bootstrap
      make check

    at the top level, and there should be no new tests.

I always work at the the level of the GCC subdirectory and the "make compare"
and "make gnatlib_and_tools" between those.  I was unaware that there was an
important distinction here and the web pages weren't clear until today.

I have always viewed the top level stuff as a morass and have never gotten
anything to work at that level.  I always get bizarre errors that nobody
is able to figure out and I think configure claims that at least one of
them isn't even supported on my configuration.