This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Build Status for SCO OS 5.0.5
- From: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>
- To: "Rakshit Karnavat , Gurgaon" <rakshit at ggn dot hcltech dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:27:25 -0600
- Subject: Re: GCC Build Status for SCO OS 5.0.5
- References: <5F0021EEA434D511BE7300D0B7B6AB530187C66E@MAIL2>
Rakshit Karnavat , Gurgaon wrote:
> I was unable to make gcc 3.0.1 using the --enable-shared option in
> the i386 environment. Without that option, everything runs fine. But
> then, I am unable to make shared libraries using gcc. I make shared
Those two concepts shouldn't have anything to do with each other.
"--enable-shared" controls whether gcc's own libraries are built as
shared libes or not, not whether gcc can generate shared libraries.
> Is it possible to make shared libraries with gcc on SCO OS 5.*