Re: Need some help with GCC

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Layne Meier wrote:
> checking for gcc...  (cached) cc
> checking wheter the C compiler (cc -O ) works...  no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.

Make sure configure is really finding gcc and not the bogus compiler in
/usr/ucb/cc.  I suggest removing /usr/ucb from your PATH and/or removing
/usr/ucb/cc altogether; this has nothing to do with gcc itself.

Check any instructions that may have come with your gcc binary from
sunfreeware.com for the appropriate path to use (e.g. /usr/local/bin).