This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Need some help with GCC
- From: Layne Meier <lmeier at ajc dot com>
- To: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:51:24 -0500
- Subject: Need some help with GCC
- Organization: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Reply-to: lmeier at ajc dot com
I downloaded the precompiled GCC (version 2.95.2 and 2.95.3) from the
Whenever I run a compile I get the following:
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking wheter the C compiler (cc -O ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.
I could use some advice as I am under deadline for this server installation.
Sun Ultra Enterprise 250
512 Mb RAM
Solaris 8 (patched)