This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Target-specific Front-Ends? (Was: front end changes for altivec)
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Andi Kleen <ak at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Nov 2001 19:01:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: Target-specific Front-Ends? (Was: front end changes for altivec)
- References: <CB35D7B2-E374-11D5-AE62-0030658361CA@apple.com.suse.lists.egcs><email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 17:36, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Aldy Hernandez <email@example.com> writes:
> > It would be really nice if you guys contributed your internal changes
> > on a more regular basis. Stan tells me there lots of Darwin
> > optimizations in the backend that you guys haven't contributed. It's
> > just easier to get a better overall picture if we're all looking at
> > the same code base.
> Perhaps that's because all their patches get shot down in sometimes
> unfair endless unproductive discussions ? (just remembering the "\p..." thread
> some time ago)
hey, i have to go through that too, but it's what a) improves gcc b)
gets the patches in eventually. sure i have to put in extra work to get
patches in, but at least they make it in and they don't become a
maintenance nightmare-- having 2 separate trees and all.
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.