Re: Target-specific Front-Ends? (Was: front end changes for altivec)

> You could always adopt the strategy of supporting it with the
> additional patches, but deprecated, for a year, then drop it from
> the next version.  If users get tangible benefits from switching,
> they'll be ready to change.  (For instance, the possibility of
> sharing at least some source with an SSE version...)

i would love to do this.  the problem is that i NEED to implement a way
of doing "vector int foo" (with no vector(xx) int foo) for my work.  so
if there's no way to accomplish this i'll have to come up with two sets
of patches: one to do "vector_size(4) int foo" (for fsf) and one to do
"vector int foo" for altivec for --well, for my day job.

i see no portable acceptable way of doing "vector int foo".

--
Aldy Hernandez			E-mail: aldyh@redhat.com
Professional Gypsy