This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about SUBREG handling in get_last_value
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:55:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: Question about SUBREG handling in get_last_value
- References: <200111271832.fARIWc0F019599@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:32:37PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> Should get_last_value not call gen_lowpart_for_combine when the
> last value is VOIDmode or does gen_lowpart_for_combine need fixing
> so it doesn't call simplify_gen_subreg with innermode=VOIDmode?
The only VOIDmode that gen_lowpart expects to handle is CONST_INT.
We almost certainly shouldn't have recorded a get_last_value for
a call insn; it's not useful.