This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Target-specific Front-Ends? (Was: front end changes for altivec)
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:57:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: Target-specific Front-Ends? (Was: front end changes for altivec)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Joseph S. Myers" wrote:
> If we accept anything like this feature in GCC, it should be clean and
> well-defined. The feature as it is at present - a mess - apparently comes
> from a multi-vendor language model. Where is the specification?
All at www.altivec.org, including the 260-page programming interface
specification. I'm sure you'll find plenty of loopholes in it