This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: debugging gcc
- From: Naveen Sharma <naveens at noida dot hcltech dot com>
- To: muhammad danish samad <muhammadd at enabtech dot com>
- Cc: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:24:19 +0530
- Subject: RE: debugging gcc
> Currently Iam
> trying to debug gcc using xxgdb. I read somewhere that xxgdb
> is debugging tool for c++. Does that mean gcc cannot be debugged with
> xxgdb since gcc has been written in C?
gcc can be debugged with xxgdb,but i really think that
debuggers like "ddd"(data display debugger) and "gvd" are
more suitable.May be someone knows a few more.
Also I think that debugging an executable with a particular debugger
depends on kind of debugging format a compiler supports rather than
the source language.(See gcc manual for details of debugging formats