This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ICE in change_address at emit_rtl.c
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: per at bothner dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 01 20:17:07 EST
- Subject: Re: ICE in change_address at emit_rtl.c
Perhaps to you. But not for C, nor to my knowledge C++
or Java. (I weasel a bit about Java, because it is possible
to model Java arrays as variable-sized types. I don't think
we do that, though.)
I don't know about Java, but you certainly can have variable-sized objects
in C. That's what the variable_size routine is for. It is the major
creator of SAVE_EXPRs. The few in fold are, by far, the least common.