Re: ICE in change_address at emit_rtl.c

    Perhaps to you.  But not for C, nor to my knowledge C++
    or Java.  (I weasel a bit about Java, because it is possible
    to model Java arrays as variable-sized types.  I don't think
    we do that, though.)

I don't know about Java, but you certainly can have variable-sized objects
in C.  That's what the variable_size routine is for.  It is the major
creator of SAVE_EXPRs.  The few in fold are, by far, the least common.