Re: Loop optimization bug with Ada front end on PPC (and probably Alpha)

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 05:07:49PM -0600, Corey Minyard wrote:
> Unfortunately, it's not simple to reproduce this, since you have to
> build an Ada cross compiler, and you have to compile this code as part
> of the compiler (since you can't compile anything else easily without
> having gnatlib compiled and installed)  And it's not the same as the one
> reported by Andreas Schwab; I don't think you can reproduce this
> particular bug with the C compiler.  You have to jump past the increment
> to enter the loop, but the jump has to be after the loop begin note.

No, this appears to be exactly the same bug that Andreas demonstrates.
The reason being that it's GCSE that transforms the rtl to have the jump
after the loop begin note.

I'll look at your patch in a minute.  In the future, _always_ include
the -p option to diff.

r~