This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ICE in change_address at emit_rtl.c
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 14:34:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: ICE in change_address at emit_rtl.c
- References: <10111251423.AA27748@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:-
> However, my question is what do we gain by removing SAVE_EXPR if we add
> temporaries that have exactly the same semantics? If you do everything
> that SAVE_EXPR can do, all you've done is renamed it!
No, I think you'd remove a lot of the special-casing that SAVE_EXPR
causes (and weirdness). Also, the tree->RTL layer wouldn't have to
special case it either.