Re: ICE in change_address at emit_rtl.c

Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> writes:

| > > Generate something that is valid, even if it's not what the user
| > > specified.  e.g. if it's an invalid typedef, typedef it to int (or
| > > something more intelligent if possible) rather than error_mark_node.
| >
| > FWIW I would like to see this too.
|
| Hmm, OK, if you think it's possible too then it probably is.

At this point, I feel I have to clarify my previous point.
I'm not saying it is impossible -- I didn't try, so I can't make that
assertion.  I was merely asking for the alternative.

Since merging the C and C++ front-ends is a goal repeatedly asserted,
I'm worried about the alternative.  There are various parts of the
compiler (the obvious one is cp/pt.c) where using a default type like
int just does not make sense -- it might be even worse than
error_mark_node.

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com