This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop optimization bug with Ada front end on PPC (and probably Alpha)
- From: Corey Minyard <minyard at acm dot org>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:15:20 -0600
- Subject: Re: Loop optimization bug with Ada front end on PPC (and probably Alpha)
- References: <200111220807.DAA29882@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
> This is similar to the same bug which has been reported for a few
>months, but the patches have not been approved.
I found a rather controversial patch about loop unrolling, but nothing
beyond that, and I don't think that will fix this problem. I'll work on
a patch that detects the situation in the insns and does this, if no one
has any other suggestions for a fix.