This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: CLOBBER MEM in stack ops on x86
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:00:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: CLOBBER MEM in stack ops on x86
- References: <10111220218.AA17114@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:18:52PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> If I understand the issue you are raising correctly, why is this problem
> unique to the epilogue?
> What prevents stores into the allocated area from being
> scheduled past that SP restore?
Nothing; it just doesn't happen as often.