This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building unique object files and binaries
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: nelcomp at attglobal dot net
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:17:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: Building unique object files and binaries
- References: <3BFD2E77.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Ian S. Nelson" <email@example.com> writes:
> I'm sure this has been discussed before but is there a patch or any
> desire to modify gcc to add timestamping and some sort of unique
> identifier to each object file output (or maybe this is a binutils
It's probably a binutils thing. I think you can add such sections
using the ld '-r' option.